I grew up in southern Alberta Canada, where I fell in love with solo sports after a short stint as a young man in soccer and basket ball. After earning a black belt in Tae Kwon-Do, I moved into the arena of mountain biking and shortly there after attained high level sponsorships and began travelling and competing while finishing my high school diploma.
After graduating from high school in 2005 I was introduced to the world of Arboriculture, rope access work, and rigging. I moved to Vancouver Island to surround myself with the industry and later obtained my ISA certification to practice as an Internationally Certified Arborist.
In 2007 I returned to Alberta and built Korthuis Tree Care, a professional arbor care company while continuing to pursue a career in professional athletics. Biking led to rock climbing which led me to skydiving and BASE jumping. Gymnastics became my favourite form of cross training, which after becoming a level 2 artistic gymnastics coach, led into the world of Parkour. In the Parkour and Free-running world I would go on to attain the highest level of Parkour and Free-running instructor certification offered, and a position as a Master-Trainer for the international organization WFPF (World Free-running and Parkour Federation).
Since then I have also become very involved in the world of entrepreneurship and public performance. I founded the Anomaly Parkour team, started an action performance brand, assisted in opening Lethbridge's first ever Parkour specific training facility, and brought other young talented individuals into the performance industry. I have lived all over North America and Australia, and continue to attain various certifications, ratings, and credentials.
I carry and maintain ratings and certifications in the following:
- NCCP level 2 artistic Gymnastics coach, level 2 trampoline coach.
- WFPF level 3 Parkour and Free-running instructor rating. Level 1 & 2 master trainer status.
- NCCP foundations coaching, applicable to mountain biking, and other general sports.
- Skydive USPA C licence, acrobatic wing-suit pilot and instructor, USPA coach rating.
- BASE Jump number 1673
- ISA Certified Arborist, PR4876_A, ISA Professional and Chapter member.
- Lead Instructor at both North American Training Solutions & Arboricultre Canada Training and Education
- Scuba Dive: Open water certification.
- First Aid + CPR, High Angle Rescue
- Remote Area Field Trauma Training
I participate in the following at a commercial level:
- Mountain Biking: Downhill, free-ride, dirt jump, street, slope style, and trials.
- Rock Climbing: Sport, traditional. bouldering, big wall, solo, deep water solo.
- BASE Jumping.
- Parkour and Free-running.
- Arboriculture climbing, rigging, and competition.
- Dance: Contemporary, modern, hip-hop.
- Gymnastics, Mountaineering, Martial Arts, Calisthenics, Circus.
I have extensive experience in:
- Public speaking, presentation, and pitching
- Television, radio, traditional media.
- Instruction and curriculum development.
- Business development, marketing, branding.